The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Uffington White Horse Forum Start a topic | Search
Uffington White Horse
Re: The Uffington White Horse
30 messages
Select a forum:
Zariadris wrote:
Again, Cope says it best as he sits near Silbury:
“Everything I’ve done…has been based on centering myself in this landscape. Allowing myself to walk around this place, to slow myself down to this pace. You’ve just got to look beyond your own culture. That’s the way you can read between the lines and see”.

Really, really enjoyed your post Zariadris - in fact I've enjoyed all of the posts people have made here. It is good to see Julian Cope made reference too as well given it was his book that started many people on their journey. I have heard some say it changed their lives. I don't know where you live Zariadris - I live in a large town in north Wiltshire - quite handy for getting to Uffington if you have access to a car - which I don't most of the time. I do have reason to travel by bus through Avebury, past Silbury at least once a week. A couple of weeks back on my return journey the sun was going down, the moon had risen. Silbury was hovering in an ethereal mist - I totally get Cope's description of how that landscape affected him. In the fading light even the Red Lion looked like a welcoming sanctuary from another time.

Reply | with quote
tjj
Posted by tjj
9th January 2020ce
17:48

In reply to:

Re: The Uffington White Horse (Zariadris)

1 reply:

Re: The Uffington White Horse (Zariadris)

Messages in this topic: