The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Uffington White Horse Forum Start a topic | Search
Uffington White Horse
Re: The Uffington White Horse
30 messages
Select a forum:
Hi Holly

You know, don't ever think there's anything strange about feeling stuff like that. We live on what - as far as we know - is the only planet capable of bearing organisms that can consider these things within light-years. So we are pretty weird, to begin with, are we not? Or to put it another way, 'special'. If you use the senses you have.

I'm happy to say I have a bit of an emotional release on a regular basis when seeing the places I see - having my senses overwhelmed does that to me. Why else would I bother putting in so much effort otherwise? I happen to think this is not coincidence... that the people who erected these place knew where to put them to have maximum effect on the human psyche... sometimes it was obvious, as in Uffington; sometimes not.

In other words I don't believe in the supernatural. Just that we have evolved with the Earth and can respond to it.

Reply | with quote
GLADMAN
Posted by GLADMAN
3rd January 2020ce
22:49

In reply to:

The Uffington White Horse (Ilex Aquifolium)

1 reply:

Re: The Uffington White Horse (Ilex Aquifolium)

Messages in this topic: