The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Pembrokeshire Forum Start a topic | Search
Pembrokeshire
Re: Favourite Places
20 messages
Select a forum:
Hi moss,

Pembrokeshire is the Cornwall of Wales, or so I'm told, but that is high praise indeed. I've never been, but I will one day.

My favourite area has to be torn between two places. One is the Lake District, mainly within the National Park, as, in my opinion, there is nowhere in England as magnificent, and the prehistoric sites there are enhanced by the stupendous scenery of mountains, dales, becks, and the extremes of weather.

My other is Wessex. By this I really mean Wiltshire, but Dorset has similar qualities. There's nowt like Wiltshire, with her rolling downs, big skies, and beautiful scenery. The prehistory of the place just makes my spine tingle when I'm there, like nowhere else. That place is truly blessed with monuments. Even a glimpse of a simple round barrow sets my pulse racing. If I wasn't so obsessed with getting onto the mountains of Cumbria I'd move to Wiltshire

Maybe in another life I could be a Phil Harding.

All the best,
TE.

Reply | with quote
The Eternal
Posted by The Eternal
26th May 2013ce
00:29

In reply to:

Favourite Places (moss)

1 reply:

Re: Favourite Places (moss)

Messages in this topic: