Long Meg & Her Daughters 20
Image by Kammer
Long Meg & Her Daughters

Meg's Markings

Ey, Pebbles,

I see you've been scrutinising the top of Long Meg. Notice any continuation of the carvings?

Looking at StM's drawing, I was a bit surprised at all the RA action going on. I'd only ever really looked at the obvious spirals. But his drawing has a gap at the top. Is that 'cos there's nothing there, or because he couldn't reach?

Anyone else ever notice anything carved into the top of Long Meg?

blimey Hob... I was spending a nice day at the stones for the first time in ages without doing any homework ;) (or so I thought)

I have no idea what you're on about maybe you could spell it out and I'll 1. read it when I am less knackered and 2. will go back sometime and be your "legs"

:))))

Anthony Weir of http://www.irishmegaliths.org.uk has the most sublime picture of Long Meg which shows up all the carvings perfectly. I will try and entice him to post it somewhere. I haven't seen another photo that does them so much justice.