Long Meg & Her Daughters 20
Image by postman

Can't hide forever ;)

Cheers Stonelifter, giz a shout when you get your mail sorted, there's an alleged stone row up Simonburn that you might be interested in.

I have three or four rocks just a few miles to the north of Long Meg with very similar marks. Despite the wind I was splitting stones with a chisel yesterday evening. Chisels don't make that kind of an impression. A chiselled notch has V-sectioned walls - these scars have parallel sides.

The stone rows themselves show our early interest in the straight line. The row in Simonburn is very interesting and within reach of Fat Dudley's campervan 'Kylie'. I'm up to five stone rows at Slaggyford now; two large ones and three tiny. The farmer that owns the field in Kirkhaugh with my double row has just strimmed the second field of rushes - more stones !