Cumbria 41
Image by Chance

hi,
I wonder if you could help me.

AFter at least a couple of years of false promises I am at last going to cumbria for the weekend in about 3 weeks time, unfortunately though I will have limted time for exploring and will probably drag my uninterested family around to a couple of sites who will follow (if pushed hard enough) out of curiosity.

I myself will spend some quality time exploring many sites but... I would love to amaze (and interest) my folks with a just a couple of the many sites in the area.. which can be reached without too much walking and messing about - or (disappointingly) I will not get them out at all.

Any suggestions..... Please

-broen-

Hiya broen
Take 'em to Castlerigg or Long Meg. Both are car friendly sites and if neither of them manage to excite your family then your buggered.... like the rest of us sad stone lovin' loners.
Happy hunting.

it has to be castlerigg and long meg as everyone says, just because not only are they WOW! but very accessible, car wise, walking wise, etc.
if that sets them off i can't recommend swinside (sunkenkirk) highly enough...bit more of a walk, but hey! walking is great for families (just do what i do and don't mention theres any stones on the way then HEY! fancy that look whats here! groans of 'we've been had' follow but too late! the deed is done!) its an amazing site, really really worth it.
just enjoy, and let them do whatever makes em happy
my 12 year old brings his binoculars and bird watches and 9 year old brings her sketch pad and just chills out or races round like thing possessed!) but have to say it tends to be a non-family orientated pastime !!

hope you enjoy it all!
to the stones!
pixie
xx

All I can add Broen to the good words here is that if you do go to Castlerigg and you get a chance to go at night, on a clear night, it is absolutely one of the most magical places to see. Hope the weather's good for you and you have a great time.