Cumbria 41
Image by Chance

Hob wrote:
Sounds like a fine idea Ms V.
Vicster wrote:
Suggestions for time and place welcome
I reckon it's got to be twixt Castlerigg and Long Meg. Really, for folks making the journey from afar, who've never seen either, they'd have to see both. Though I'd reckon Long Meg would be better to spend a couple of hours at for a collective blether, (less busy, bigger and there's Little Meg too) then nip down to Castlerigg for a quicker look-see, possibly stopping off at Mayburgh.

Then if folk were up for spending the night in Cumbria, a visit to Langdale, offering the opportunity for Copt Howe and a glimpse at the Pike O Stickle, as it would give an excuse to stay at the ODG (or adjacent campsite).

Just wondering what folks are hoping to do on the weekend? My idea was to meet at Long Meg around lunchtime, have a picnic and a good natter and then folks can wander off to explore the local area; Little Meg, Glassonby, Mayburgh & King Arthur's henge, Gunnerkeld etc.

We are staying close to Long Meg at the Highland Drove but are happy to whizz around wherever. I really like the idea of going to Langdale on Sunday but there are lots of other sites in the area that others may prefer. Any suggestions welcomed!

Cheers

Vx

Vicster wrote:
Just wondering what folks are hoping to do on the weekend? My idea was to meet at Long Meg around lunchtime, have a picnic and a good natter and then folks can wander off to explore the local area; Little Meg, Glassonby, Mayburgh & King Arthur's henge, Gunnerkeld etc.
Hi Vx,

I will be arriving on the Friday afternoon and will be staying the week so I am going to have a fair amount of time to explore over that time so I am very easy!!

Meeting at Long Meg sounds good though and look forward to a good chat.
I would be happy to see a few of the better known sites and would also be very interested in advice on which are the best 'little gems' to go and see that are not regularly visited by the general public ........but are reasonably accessable for an unfit lardy bloke like me.

Hope to see you there

:o)

Chris