Cumbria 41
Image by Chance

... Cumbrian stone circles!

But not the 'Hollywood' ones of Long Meg or Castlerigg. Oh no. More 'art house' than Hollywood. And there were:
Castlehouse Scar (dinky, lovely!)
Kemp Howe (trashed, by railway line)
Gunnerkeld (concentric, corking)
Shap Beck Plantation (I couldn't be arsed -too tired- but Moth went)
Gamelands (big pink sparkly Barbara Cartland rocks)
and best of the lot - Casterton!
Wooooo! We found it so easily; can't understand why people have had such difficulty finding it? Pics/notes coming soon. The place is MAGIC. Juamei, you must get there before you come south.

So where did YOU go today?
J
x

I spent the day here putting up a yurt in my garden ready for some storytelling & music over the solstice weekend.
:)
PeteG

........other peoples houses - we are looking to move soon - talk about stress -

Anyhooo fingers crossed


Joolio

Sounds fantastic! I think its only an hour or so from me atm..
Looks like I'll be trying to squeeze in another cumbria day before I head South.

I've spent the w/e honing my debauchery skills! I've only left the house to go clubbing :)

Today? I visited the office, central Southampton. :o(

Saturday though:
Men-an-Tol (always a pleasure!);
Nine Maidens (currently undergoing refurbishment - more later);
Men Scryfa (from a distance - the cows were looking scary);
Kenidjack holed stones (WTF??? Fantastic!);
Scillonian tomb at Kenidjack (Ooch! Those darn stinging nettles!);
Tregeseal stone circle (also undergoing "refurbishment" - again - more later...)

Why can't I just stay there? Cornwall, I mean? Why? WHY???

G x

... Norfolk Barrows.

Had a bit of a barrow hit at the weekend with Andy B of the Portal. Saw a nicely preserved round barrow at Weasenham, a long barrow at West Rudham and had a quick trott around South Creake Hillfort.

Very good to finally meet Andy B and his family.