Cerne Abbas Giant 12
Image by texlahoma
Cerne Abbas Giant

Nice clock!

It's not clear from the picture but the great thing about it is "the second hand is the giant's notable appendage".

I think we should start a campaign to convert the original in the same way. Imagine the tourist trade!

Haha! I've got one of these! Harbour Times in Weymouth sells them if anyone's interested.

And yes - the second "hand" is what you think it is. :D

G x

nigelswift wrote:
It's not clear from the picture but the great thing about it is "the second hand is the giant's notable appendage".

I think we should start a campaign to convert the original in the same way. Imagine the tourist trade!

Paddy Power would be first in line!

nigelswift wrote:
I think we should start a campaign to convert the original in the same way. Imagine the tourist trade!
Speaking of Weymouth, they have their famous (yeah, you've all heard of it!) flower clock - I wonder if they could be persuaded to make a miniature Cerne Abbas Giant to accompany it? ;) A missed opportunity otherwise.

G x