The Hellstone 3
Image by Lubin
The Hellstone

The duck pond

Well this is how it appeared two weeks ago, and it seems considerably worse. The water colour's not changed from that murky brown though...

http://www.themodernantiquarian.com/image.php?image_id=11463

NB I'll take this shot down in a few days, cause it looks awful and doesn't really add to the site, it's just for reference purposes while we're discussing this!

That is getting *really* bad!

All these pictures should go to EH or whoever. Telling them is one thing - showing them is another :-)

This is the worst I have seen it... the spread of muddiness is evident; this is no longer a tidy pond tucked away in the corner. I hope EH at least assess the risk this pond may pose to the Hellstone, surrounding archaeology and environment, and make some suitable plan.

I'm still waiting for a response from EH concerning the dire condition of the Apostles on Ilkley Moor- over a month later from writing to them.

The Werg