Graig-wen (Llanddewi Brefi) 1
Image by GLADMAN
Graig-wen (Llanddewi Brefi)

wrong map location

I visited this site today (16/10/2025) - the location on the map is wrong, I believe it's closer to 52°08'43.2"N 3°55'24.2"W - not to the southeast of the road, but just northwest of it, just into the trees. I could only find it today from Gladman's Youtube video, by comparing the trees and view! Did I make an account here just to post this? Yes. Will I continue to use the account? I hope so!

Thank you omorris for spotting that :)
I wonder if it's to do with having two systems somehow, lat/long and also the OS grid reference (because the grid reference looks pretty spot on compared to the actual OS map?... I'm old fashioned I like the OS :). Perhaps Holy McGrail (creator of this lovely website) can advise...

omorris wrote:
I visited this site today (16/10/2025) - the location on the map is wrong, I believe it's closer to 52°08'43.2"N 3°55'24.2"W - not to the southeast of the road, but just northwest of it, just into the trees. I could only find it today from Gladman's Youtube video, by comparing the trees and view! Did I make an account here just to post this? Yes. Will I continue to use the account? I hope so!
I must admit I use old-fashioned field craft to find stuff... OS maps are things of beauty and wonder, methinks... since I abhor bloody computers telling me where things are

Coflein lists the OS coordinates as SN6848051430... which looks spot on to these eyes... so unless HMcG has since corrected to save my blushes, I stand by this.