Falkner’s Circle 2
Image by thesweetcheat

If you go the press they will put an archaeologist up against you to show what a fool you are.
The only way is to get an archaeologist to think They found it!
PeteG

And the situation can be stretched out to ridiculous lengths - as I've found at two sites. They're all gateposts at one place, and 'we really must see them - sometime' at the other. Sometimes I think they may even be a little envious.

The man that travels to Orkney to excavate stones - hoping to write a book on their construction - while monuments many times larger are just a cycle ride away will have a lot to live down. The Blackstone is unique and portable. I offered to leave it in Stan's associate's office for six weeks so they could get a good look at it. 'No lift up to this floor'.

It's no wonder that so many prehistoric remains are destroyed.

Pete - I for one have heard a number of archaeologists speak highly of your interest and involvement including the likes of Josh Pollard, and the papers would set you up against another 'authority' even if you were an academic authority. Having said that one of my favourite love to hate stories is about Richard Jefferies finding stone circles but the weren't recognised until Passmore "found" them 50 years later !

Old Farty One