Langdale Axe Factory 5
Image by The Eternal
Langdale Axe Factory

Stop it IronMan!

Yep, cracking pictures Ironman.

So you actually climbed up there then?
When I was there a few years ago I just walked along the track by the stream from the big hotel and viewed Pike of Stickle from ground level and yes you’re right it has a real magic even from the ground. Would love to actually climb up though, looking at the map there are some tracks on the eastern side, but how accessible is it? – errr...and how hard is it on the legs?

-Chris

I can imagine our ancestors squatting up here, looking out on a sea of green 'original forest', and saying 'fell 'em'.

If this is where the Green stone axes come from - I've got one. I'm trying to swop it for a beat-up Fiat Panda to use as access vehicle to High Shield in the summer. The guy that owns it used to work as a smith for the queen, reported the Windsor Castle fire, and has an arrowhead with one of the tangs broken off ...

!