Carn Pica 2
Image by thesweetcheat

That's a very interesting article, and very persuasive.

Pardon my ignorance but how many stones are actually under the ground waiting to be dug up? I was under the impression that Keiller had already done much of that? and that there weren't any whole ones left really. My memory's like a sieve, no doubt I read all about it when going round the barn.

Shall we redig the ditches again and make them all sparkly white and deep? Oh please can we, can we please?? (or is it too dangerous, health and safety and that).

Shall we redig the ditches again and make them all sparkly white and deep? Oh please can we, can we please?? (or is it too dangerous, health and safety and that).

OOOOh yes, can we, can we, please!

Pardon my ignorance but how many stones are actually under the ground waiting to be dug up?
I'm afraid I'll have to share your ignorance on that point Rhiannon, though I think it's true to say that new discoveries, in the north-east quadrant and in the Beckhampton Avenue for example, are frequently being made. Perhaps one of our archaeology contributors familiar with Avebury could help out here. Meanwhile this http://www.avebury-web.co.uk/bhengemap2a.png on Lithop's excellent Avebury website here http://www.avebury-web.co.uk/index.html may be of interest