Wearyall Hill 2
Image by hamish

Mustard wrote:
In all honesty, I'm amazed it hasn't happened sooner. It's an obvious target for idiots of multiple persuasions.

http://www.thisissomerset.co.uk/news/Holy-Thorn-desecrated/article-2989272-detail/article.html

That’s a bummer, and this bit only adds insult to injury, “The Holy thorn has no tree preservation order (TPO) which means the vandals are unlikely to be prosecuted. If it was protected by a TPO vandals could face a fine of up to £20,000.”

Littlestone wrote:
Mustard wrote:
In all honesty, I'm amazed it hasn't happened sooner. It's an obvious target for idiots of multiple persuasions.

http://www.thisissomerset.co.uk/news/Holy-Thorn-desecrated/article-2989272-detail/article.html

That’s a bummer, and this bit only adds insult to injury, “The Holy thorn has no tree preservation order (TPO) which means the vandals are unlikely to be prosecuted. If it was protected by a TPO vandals could face a fine of up to £20,000.”
I imagine the chances of a prosecution would be remote anyway. Incredible that there's no TPO though.