Megalithic Poems

Excellent! You must have a lot by now - what are you going to do with them?

Great Kipling verse is the one about the Palaeolithic cave painter who is a misunderstood artist at first, but then is shown the value of market forces.

"Story of Ung" - too long for me to type out though - sorry!

just a short extract:

"Later he pictured an aurochs - later he pictured a bear
Pictured the sabre-tooth tiger dragging a man to his lair
Pictured the mountainous mammoth, hairy abhorrent, alone
Out of the love that he bore them, scribing them clearly on bone.

Swift came the tribe to behold them, peering and pushing and still
Men of the berg-battered beaches, men of the boulder-hatched hill
Hunters and fishers and trappers, presently whispering low:
"Yea, they are like - and it may be. But how does the Picture-man know?"

Well, the poems keep coming in Peter, from the most unexpected places and from across the years. I thought I'd give it a year or two and then, along with any other interested parties, perhaps publish a little anthology of <b>Megalithic Poems</b>. I'm not in it to make money but if any money was generated from such a publication I think it should go towards a worthy megalithic cause. So, if anyone knows of any other poems, or if you have poems of your own, please post them here or mail them to me privately.

Too long to type but here it is - http://www.poetryloverspage.com/poets/kipling/story_of_ung.html