The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Hawk Stone Forum Start a topic | Search
Hawk Stone
Some news from druidia
29 messages
Select a forum:
I suspect that the alignments we see - quite plainly - are the result of us just beginning to learn about geometry then. The first theorem in classical Greek maths is 'the shortest distance between two points, A and B, is a straight line, A-B'. We take this for granted now, as we've been surrounded by straight objects since birth. There are only a very few straight edges in a raw environment. Creating them is an attempt tp create order in the 'seething chaos'.

Quartz fragments in megaliths have been interpreted many times as storing charges of 'force', geomagnetic, sonic, or gravitational energy. This milky-white rock is often the substrate for copper deposits. Find it and quite likely there'll be seams of metal ore nearby. We can't perceive what such a leap forward metal was but we do celebrate our tools in similar daft ways ( http://www.cosmik.com/aa-march03/john92.html ). McLuhan has a good quote - which I'll mangle - 'Man makes tools and tools make man'.

Often when I throw ideas 'into the pot' I get scalded - doing it for the sake of the hiss is called 'polemic' ! Maybe.

Eh ?

Reply | with quote
BlueGloves
Posted by BlueGloves
18th March 2003ce
07:34

In reply to:

Re: General Alignment (Chris Collyer)

2 replies:

Re: Some news from druidia (nigelswift)
Re: Some news from druidia (Chris Collyer)

Messages in this topic: