The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Why are archaeologists apparently so dismissive about the existence of the Avebury faces?
10 messages
Select a forum:
I have been studying many of the monoliths at Avebury for six years now. It is very apparent to me that the carved faces found by Meaden and Pattison (and shown in their respective books) are real. Not only have I been able to photograph many of the faces they describe, I have also managed to discover faces of my own, some of them spectacularly good, with a particularly brilliantly carved horned sharp nosed face hidden in plain view on Cove Stone I.

Why then is it that the archaeological community appear so sceptical about the existence of the Avebury carvings??? You can see them once you know where and when to look, is the plain evidence of our senses not enough??

My gallery:

http://www.nightfolio.co.uk/avebury_sacred_landscape.html

Reply | with quote
Posted by Nightfolio
25th May 2022ce
00:13

Messages in this topic: