The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Wayland's Smithy
4 messages
Select a forum:
Ilex Aquifolium wrote:
I felt the area was so welcoming.
Did someone say about the gentle majesty of our ancestors who are looking directly at us?
The path to Wayland's Smithy was winding and full of knots and gazes through the hedgerows.
I reflected on death and wasn't scared. We crouched down out of the wind and smoked a spliff remembering everything.
For me? It wasn't about the Smithy. It was about those meandering journeys which took me(us) there for a while which in turn led me to understand (more) how precious life is.
Those Roman roads lead me to those roads less trodden.
I thought of your friend x
and my friend.
x

A lovely reflection Holly. Waylands Smithy seems to be the right place to be to think of absent loved ones, as does Uffington White Horse ... and you can do both. I believe the Ridgeway Path is 5000 years old, have claimed it for prehistory anyway.

Today, or maybe yesterday, Imbolc (Candlemas) is my very favourite time of year. Yesterday, we travelled to Stroud by train to meet up with old friends and their dog. Spent the afternoon looking at the most amazing display of snowdrops nearby. The snowdrop symbolizes Hope ... but you would know that x

Reply | with quote
tjj
Posted by tjj
2nd February 2020ce
10:12

In reply to:

Wayland's Smithy (Ilex Aquifolium)

1 reply:

Re: Wayland's Smithy (Ilex Aquifolium)

Messages in this topic: