The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Far Right Groups Using Ancient Sites
13 messages
Select a forum:
tjj wrote:
It's highly unlikely I'll ever come across them but it is unsettling knowing they are out there and wondering which group of people they are directing their hatred towards.

Unfortunately, from what I've read, one theory is that some 'identitarian' type groups (eg, Generation Identity - this is the group the Christchurch shooter quoted in his 'manifesto') are attempting to 'reclaim' ancient historical sites as symbolic examples of their intended white european 'ethnostate'. Of course, these actions, as others have suggested here, are completely oblivious to or at odds with the multicultural and migrational nature of the neolithic peoples, but hey ho, history and learning* doesn't seem to be one of their stronger points.

*There were far-right agitators at a Peterloo event yesterday in Manchester harassing attendees. I mean, what the fuck? Do they realise what that symbolises??? I think we know which side they'd have been on back then, ie the ones on horseback.

Reply | with quote
Posted by Andfurthermoreagain
19th August 2019ce
11:41

Messages in this topic: