The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Help Wanted: Your Megalithic Snaps!
4 messages
Select a forum:
Calling all Fellow Mods,

I am hoping some of you might be able to help me with some photographs I need for an article set for publication. The article is about the Armenian Bronze Age menhirs called dragon stones, which I am attempting to contextualize in a broader megalithic frame. I am seeking one good original photo you might have the rights to of any of the following (this is a wish list, and I’ll be glad to have just one):

1. Any statue-menhir, such as the ones in the channel islands (Guernsey), Corsica (Filitosa), Alps, France, etc.

2. An interesting photo of Fussel’s lodge, or indeed an illustration/reconstruction that you have rights to.

3. Any Christianized menhir, such as can be found in Brittany or elsewhere. If you have rights to an antique photo that shows folks praying to it, that’d be great.

4. Any good shot of the Rudston monolith, with church in the image, or indeed any other menhir in a church yard.

5. An impressive image of a tall standing stone, or group of tall stones, in a wild context with landscape.

6. Any known menhir where a tradition of fertility rites is associated, anywhere in the world.

Any photo used will be clearly attributed, i.e., “Fig. 1. Rudston Stone, Yorkshire (Photo by Jane Barleycorn)”. The editor wants 600 dpi, if possible.

Thanks in advance folks!

dr.mabuse22 at yahoo dot com(e on feel the noize)

Reply | with quote
Posted by Zariadris
1st May 2019ce
13:44

Messages in this topic: