The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: America Before
27 messages
Select a forum:
“Grants awarded”...”Careers built” Aye..Heritage Lottery is where it often comes from to revamp some established sites visited by the public. It’s a shame it has to be from the proceeds of gambling...and then they get you to pay again! Jestin’ obviously these places need constant income streams to keep going. But sometimes I don’t think they should build themselves up so high in the first place? Dunno..
‘Things’ can get ‘overlooked’ if it brings the tourist pound in. I’ve seen new museums built on what you might call ‘false foundations’..
I’m sure it’s only a fraction of cases but thats still too many. (Without checking the ‘facts’ I’m keeping my options open by saying ‘a fraction’..!)
I realise you weren't specifically referring to visitor centres..but Time Team and Visitor centres are the closest the majority of the public get to Archaeology. Not knocking either..

Reply | with quote
Posted by Amil04
1st May 2019ce
20:07

In reply to:

Re: America Before (tomatoman)

Messages in this topic: