The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Anthony Gormley: How Art Began
15 messages
Select a forum:
Haha..I had to look it up too. But then the word ‘autodidact’ was handily highlighted on wiki. I think I might be one of those? Ah..isn’t life just a breeze today. Do you think if those people who began working stone and bone etc, changing their environment..to suit ‘them’ saw what it was all going to come to would have thought twice? No. Doubt it. I suppose the major changes in lifestyle came a little later but it’s like the seeds were set way before. Interesting chap R. Bednarik. I’ve heard he often follows other cave art researchers around checking their data/claims. Annoying for some no doubt! The researchers wouldn’t let him in to the caves here. ? Although it was pointed out that he could have just gone on one of the public tours, if they were actually running them then that is? Not sure. He once used a photo of mine without permission or credit. I am actually quite flattered though...
That’s very true. If there isn’t a clear narrative being put forward people with a ‘vague/passing’ interest may loose attention.

Reply | with quote
Posted by Amil04
31st January 2019ce
13:53

Messages in this topic: