The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Anthony Gormley: How Art Began
15 messages
Select a forum:
Amil04 wrote:
By strange coincidence Robert Bednarik is on with Alice Roberts (Incredibale Human Journey) just now! (One of the few to openly question the evidence for Palaeolithic art in Britain) Never seen him on the box before..cool.

Thanks for your posts and the points you make about dating disputes - inevitable I suppose, though off putting to the interested lay person. I do admit to sometimes thinking 'how can they possibly know that with so much certainty'. Gormley makes the observation, I think in Niaux Caves, about humankind reaching a stage where it now tries to control and dominate its surroundings, when narcissistic behaviour comes into play. Never has narcissism been more evident than it is today.

I hadn't heard of Robert Bednarik until I read your post - there is a bit about him on Wikipedia where it says he describes himself as an autodidact (had to look that up).

Reply | with quote
tjj
Posted by tjj
30th January 2019ce
15:03

Messages in this topic: