The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: The wonders of DNA testing
10 messages
Select a forum:
moss wrote:
tomatoman wrote:
It IS wonderful that, after over 100 years let alone the aeons before, such DNA detail can be extracted. Yes, the media are all over it for obvious reasons. BUT.....the skeleton was a lone individual found with traumatic injuries. Someone will correct me if I'm mistaken, but there's no evidence that the individual was necessarily a "local resident". If I'm correct in this, until another equivalent example is found, we may have all leapt to an understandable, but unjustified conclusion about the nature of our forbears.

Perhaps there is too much news, in the end whenever I put anything up, a need to qualify with words such as 'speculation', 'hype' or even 'fake' just because someone wants to gather an audience.
Blick Mead is everywhere in news, used to stop the Stonehenge tunnel, but 'auroch footsteps' mmmm. As for Cheddar man my scepticism is still out at the moment.

I think we are so used to 'facts' being overturned on a regular basis that we all have a right to be sceptical. SH is the prime example.

Reply | with quote
Posted by Sanctuary
10th February 2018ce
10:03

Messages in this topic: