The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: John Michell lecture
353 messages
Select a forum:
It is now 6 days since this challenge was first posted .
"What I will gladly do for you ,is take a bet ,you suggest a site and I will tell you where the sun will rise or set as seen from the site or the alt ,to the same tolerance as is usually expected from astro calc. A referee can hold the £100 and check the test ."
Since then there has been no info about the actual location of the site and no discussion about appointing a referee and the related problems of confirmation .
The fact that the challenge was described as being “idiotic “ confirms the reluctance to accept it and what the results would prove .

I would quite happily provide the info to anyone except Cerrig .The point is that he has made various evidence free allegations and this seems an obvious way of demonstrating the truth .

One way around the referee problem is that there are plenty of people on this board who visit specific sites at sun rise or sun set, usually around solstices . If one or more could snap an astro event from a specific location ,which has never had a previous astro survey , with the date recorded and wouldn’t mind the cheque handling problems then that could easily provide enough data to be the basis of the challenge .

Multiple tests are always superior to one and people get to find out the results of something that might intrigue them .It could go on until the point is proven or C’s money runs out .
Anything wrong with that ?

Reply | with quote
tiompan
Posted by tiompan
18th May 2016ce
08:42

In reply to:

Re: John Michell lecture (tiompan)

1 reply:

Re: John Michell lecture (nigelswift)

Messages in this topic: