The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: John Michell lecture
353 messages
Select a forum:
I offered a simple challenge , an opportunity to put your money where your mouth is , you evaded it .

All astro calcs are estimates ,but some are more accurate than others ,and some are just way wrong e.g. the Bryn Celli Ddu horizon that was made up to suit an agenda . The point is that some can be shown to be wrong ,as in the case above .
Saying something is wrong is not good enough you have to provide the data to support it , I do . Similarly saying someone is thick needs support to , I supplied that data too.

Think of the large number of points I have made about particular “alignments “ that include data , often appended with “if anyone wants the details do ask “ , you have failed to provide any refuting evidence to show that they are wrong . In almost every case they could be confirmed one way or the other within a year , and when I do get feed back pics,vids, visual confirmation etc it always proves to be positive. It is not as if it that difficult to find the rising and setting points of the sun and there are multiple methods that can be used to confirm the findings .
Much more difficult , trumpet blowing alert and apologies to all except Cerrig , is to calculate something like a potential sun roll ,this is not a one off simple sun setting or rising at one spot , but multiple examples of where the sun is on the horizon whilst taking into consideration the angle of rise or set of the sun conforms to the slope of the hill it is being seen alongside ,needless to say ,the same positive confirmation applies there too .
Considering the amount of time I have wasted responding to you I would have gladly accepted your dosh .

Reply | with quote
tiompan
Posted by tiompan
14th May 2016ce
12:30

In reply to:

Re: John Michell lecture (cerrig)

1 reply:

Re: John Michell lecture (cerrig)

Messages in this topic: