The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Silbury Hill Forum Start a topic | Search
Silbury Hill
Re: Silbury Hill trespassers
295 messages
Select a forum:
Mustard wrote:

I suspect that would definitely help - especially if there was a circular pathway around the base of the hill, meaning tourists would be constantly walking around it.

You'd need nerves of steel to climb all the way up and then all the way down with the catcalls and hisses of the disapproving public ringing in your ears and the flashes of their cameras in your eyes and youtube waiting to broadcast your naughtiness to the world.

I reckon that's cracked it and all it would cost EH is a nice bit of green wheelchair-friendly walkway and some extra notices. I love it as it's a simple and inexpensive yet highly effective solution that came from and would be provided by the community. They have to provide stewardship that UNESCO approves of and they'd gobble up anything that's community related.

Reply | with quote
nigelswift
Posted by nigelswift
8th January 2013ce
14:37

In reply to:

Re: Silbury Hill trespassers (Mustard)

1 reply:

Re: Silbury Hill trespassers (Steve M)

Messages in this topic: