The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Silbury Hill Forum Start a topic | Search
Silbury Hill
Re: Silbury Hill trespassers
295 messages
Select a forum:
nigelswift wrote:

I'm not a big fan of saying EH archaeos go up there and they let the occasional Druid and film crews up there, so either everyone or no-one should be allowed up. It's all about limited numbers because damage is in proportion to numbers - and being organised.

Plus I'm willing to bet that if 15 respectable people approached EH for an accompanied group visit they'd be accommodated. If so that rather undermines the "my right to do what I like" sentiments that some use as justification. Maybe EH should advertise such trips, like they do at Stonehenge.

I strongly disagree with you. This is double standards and seems to fly in the face of everything you've previously said. Think about it.
Am logging off now as haven't got time to be drawn into this perpetual argument any further.

Reply | with quote
tjj
Posted by tjj
8th January 2013ce
13:12

In reply to:

Re: Silbury Hill trespassers (nigelswift)

1 reply:

Re: Silbury Hill trespassers (nigelswift)

Messages in this topic: