The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Stonehenge and its Environs Forum Start a topic | Search
Stonehenge and its Environs
Re: EH image copyright
51 messages
Select a forum:
The Eternal wrote:
Hob wrote:
I just saw this:

Anyone here got any more insight/info?

I seem to remember the NT tried the same trick a while back.

Hi Hob,
EH are tossers of the highest order. Complete rip-off. I hereby recommend no-one pays at the turnstiles of Stonehenge. Instead, wander along the road, up the track, and simply climb over the hip-high fence for free. There's nothing to stop you doing it. Don't be ripped-off by the EH tourist hype.
What next? Will the National Trust charge people for taking photos in the Lake District if you put them in a book or magazine?
Fight the bastards.
Sadly yours,
TE.

Ahh going back to the good old days eh when we used to walk over the already flattened fence that was never reinstated, run like hell, take a photo or two (the missus hugged a stone!!) then ran like hell back to the road and be whistling to ourselves as we casually strode down the road as the fuzz arrived. We had it timed to perfection, about 9 minutes as I recall at the time after the alarm in the local nick had gone off and a car or motorbike alerted. We never did any harm and never saw anyone else do any either while we were there. Those that were caught were just given a verbal because the cops knew we weren't there to create damage just having a passion for the stones. Can't speak for those that do the same today though! Okay, I'm ready to be chastised...again!! (g).

Reply | with quote
Posted by Sanctuary
24th October 2010ce
06:03

In reply to:

Re: EH image copyright (The Eternal)

Messages in this topic: