The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Silbury Hill Forum Start a topic | Search
Silbury Hill
Re: Satellite/Photography software reveals antiqui
64 messages
Select a forum:
Most valid questions, and let me add a clue. What is a "stone age context" to the artwork uncovered, when I can construct a picture of Tony Blair on the side, right now, if no one stops me? Yours is the most pertinent of questions, but the simple answer to me is graffitti or high art can be added at any time after its initial construction. By the way, the orientation of the easterly King can possibly be dated by his posture. Kings were oriented usually due East or due West during their era of life/death. Since due East/West changes over the millenia, a sharp eyed individual can measure the offset from today's due East/West, I believe, to guesstimate a time frame. Also, the hair style of the "Queen", showing the Ram's horn, the time of Aries/Ram. And the crown of the King, almost a Fez, could identify the culture, possibly. Your question is eminently valid.

This topic is locked
Posted by EdZiomek
16th May 2009ce
15:56

Messages in this topic: