The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Glastonbury Tor Forum Start a topic | Search
Glastonbury Tor
Re: Fathers for justice..
31 messages
Select a forum:
The point I was making was that having spent over half a million pound restoring the Glastonbury tower, NT will now have to spend an unknown amount to undo the damage done by Fathers 4 Justice. This must be disheartening for any organisation, especially a voluntary one.

I am in no way defending the previous NT actions you refer to. In fact I recall personally writing to to NT to object to them allowing mountain bikes to be used on Avebury during the filming of a TV drama.

I very much respect the tireless campaigning Heritage Action have done to protect and properly conserve Silbury Hill. I have ask, however, both Nigel Swift and Littlestone how they would react if F4J pulled a similar stunt on Silbury and undid the work that has currently been undertaken to restore it.

Reply | with quote
tjj
Posted by tjj
3rd October 2007ce
22:41

In reply to:

Re: Fathers for justice.. (Littlestone)

1 reply:

Re: Fathers for justice.. (nigelswift)

Messages in this topic: