The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Nine Ladies of Stanton Moor Forum Start a topic | Search
Nine Ladies of Stanton Moor
Nine Ladies of Stanton Moor
2 messages
Select a forum:
In response to Mr B's fieldnote for Nine Ladies of Stanton Moor:

I was also there last week. I stayed for quite a while having driven down from Lancashire with a group of friends. One of my friends (who, I'm sorry to admit was a little stoned) sat on one of the stones, and did say that he thought it vibrated. Being a non-judgemental type I sat on the stone to test out his feeling. I must admit I didn't get it, but I remain open-minded! Mind you I was totally sober coz I had to drive all the way back!
My four year old niece ran round the circle a couple of times, counting the stones, which I must apologise for, as I'm sure it must've disturbed this peaceful site for anybody else who was there.
We walked over the moors from the South taking in the other circle remains and the Cork stone on the way. Not the longest walk I've ever done, being a mountain scrambler, but no 'stoned shuffle' nonetheless.
Oh, and as we left I used the empty plastic bag (which I always carry in my rucksack) to carry away some of the tin cans etc. I didn't see anybody else doing the same!!!????
Sorry for the rant, but there's nothing worse than JudgeMental fuckers shouting there mouths off and making massive presumptions i.e. saying you FEEL a stone vibrate doesn't make you a litter lout!
Damage caused to sites is awful, we're all agreed on that one - litter, vandalism etc. are not to be tolerated but judging peoples' honest thoughts and feelings is soooooo elitist!
When visiting any sacred place it's no good losing sight of the fact that people do express themselves, and their 'spirituality', in different ways!
Isn't this what TMA & HH are about?
Free-thinking? Forward-thinking?!
must calm down....

Reply | with quote
IronMan
Posted by IronMan
16th January 2002ce
11:54

Messages in this topic: