The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Nine Ladies of Stanton Moor Forum Start a topic | Search
Nine Ladies of Stanton Moor
Re: Eco Worriors Website - With Guestbook
4 messages
Select a forum:
It's fair enough to tell us about your web site, but to do that in three separate threads and to post multiple messages in all caps is unnecessary and unwanted. I don't think there's anyone here who hasn't been following the plight of Stanton Moor closely, and in many cases taking positive action in the form of lobbying the decsion makers by letter, so you don't need to shout for attention.

As far as the Eco Warriors are concerned, when I visited the Nine Ladies site, there were several untidy camps around the stones, the ashes from several large fires, litter including ragged scrap metal sheeting and some stones that had been "gathered up" to make hearths were burned and blackened. Furthermore one of the males was urinating against a tree in full view of the visitors.

Such lack of respect for a site seems to me to be a strange way to go about protecting it and doesn't exactly send a strong message to those who make the decisions.

Reply | with quote
Steve Gray
Posted by Steve Gray
1st July 2004ce
20:37

Messages in this topic: