The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Ringlemere Farm Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Ringlemere Farm
Wealthy metal-detectorist speaks his mind
29 messages
Select a forum:
Did anyone else catch 'Hidden Treasure' this evening on BBC2? It was all about the 'Ringlemere Cup', and the guy that found it (a bloke called Cliff Bradshaw). It was entertaining in a way, in a dumbed-down sort of way.

Mr Bradshaw is now rather wealthier than he used to be. It struck me as a bit irresponsible the way he repeatedly expressed the opinion that there's still lots more 'treasure' to be found at the site. There are bound to be hoards of people having a go at the place now. I know it's private land, but would that necessarily stop 'em?

It looked to me like the archaeologist involved with the programme was a bit uncomfortable with it all. At one point, after yet another bit where Cliff started expounding his theories, it looked like the archaeologist was about to say something, but they cut to a different scene before he could get a word in.

I have a feeling that this series has been discussed before on he Forum, so sorry if this is old news. Thought I'd do a bit of grumbling anyway.

Kammer x

Reply | with quote
Kammer
Posted by Kammer
23rd September 2003ce
23:10

Messages in this topic: