The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Silbury Hill Forum Start a topic | Search
Silbury Hill
Re: Bert is innocent?
21 messages
Select a forum:
I must admit the thought had (briefly) crossed my mind, but sheeesh, that would be some socket for one heck of a stone!!!

Adding further to it all, I have heard tell of a local barrow (here in Ireland) that has a standing stone on top ... off to investigate .... I will let you know.

I also saw a small hill, about 15m tall, near the megalithic cemetry at Loughcrew yesterday that was very similar in profile to Silbury. No peak is presented on the OS map. I did not get chance to investigate as I was too wrapped up in the 20+ tombs and countless standing stones, promentary forts and a solitary stone circle. I never made it to the forts, the circle or most of the standing stones. There was so much there that at least another two visits are needed to take it all in.

Reply | with quote
FourWinds
Posted by FourWinds
8th October 2001ce
13:26

In reply to:

Bert is innocent? (RiotGibbon)

2 replies:

Re: Bert is innocent? (RiotGibbon)
Re: Bert is innocent? possibly. (Telepathine)

Messages in this topic: