Destroyed standing stone, a good match for other stones in the vicinity (the Longstone, the Broadstone). Pastscape provides details of the stone's sorry fate:
The Longstone, a sandstone megalith, formerly stood about half-way along, and 15 to 20 yds. in from, the northern hedge of a field still called "Longstone Field". It was destroyed in 1875, but has been described by a local farmer as being about
6 1/2 ft. above ground level by 4 ft. broad, narrowing to 2 to 2 1/2 ft., by 1 1/2 to 2 ft. thick; although Rudder gave its dimensions as 10 ft. high by 6 ft. broad by 5 ft. thick. A portion of the stone about 18 inches square is still to be seen at the well at Closeturf Farm (SO 585048), where it is used as a water-bucket stand.