The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Well-being - River Sources
34 messages
Select a forum:
moss wrote:
Markoid wrote:
We do tai-chi at work. Does that count? Meditation next - and it'ssoooooooo cool, if you do it properly.

Basically concentrating on one's breathing.

I don't meditate my mind is too curious to sit still for a period of time, but meditation arrives at answers, although in actual fact you should be aiming for a different level, LS would tell you more.
But reading Resurgence (now that gives a hell of a lot way as to how I am;) this morning, Satish said there should be five elements, the original 4, earth, water, fire and air, the fifth of course is imagination, in our thoughts we live elsewhere. Now he was walking a pilgrim's walk from the source of the Thames to where it reaches the sea. His walk is what many of the people do on TMA their pilgrimages are to the stones....

Medititation is basically challenging, believing and ultimately accepting all energy as positive and accepting all of the earth sources via imagination. I think it's an amazing thing to do.

Basically focusing on breathing. It takes you away from everything. Mental cleansing. Like sleep is physical cleansing.

Reply | with quote
Posted by Markoid
7th February 2017ce
11:14

Messages in this topic: