The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Avebury Forum Start a topic | Search
Avebury
Re: The Red Lion
21 messages
Select a forum:
The Red Lion hasn't been my favourite pub in the past. I used to visit it regularly in my 'biker days' but then many years ago (about 20) I took my sons in there for something to eat.
For some reason the landlord at the time refuse to let me bring them into the restaurant side of the pub and said they had to stay outside while I ordered the food. I tried to tell him that there was nobody to look after them and that they were too young to be left on there own so could they just wait by the door so I could see them (and them me). I just got an angry 'NO this is a restaurant not a creche' type response.
I had no choice but to just leave and it annoyed me so much that despite visiting Avebury numerous times, I hadn't ben back in the place until one of the megameets. I suppose it was just part of being a single parent in those days.
i think what I am trying to say is that once a bad reputation has been established it is very difficult to shake off and I imagine that few regular visitors to Avebury eat in there if they have had such an experiences.

The Red Lion definitely needs to reinvent itself as long as its not in plastic and chrome! (imho)

:o)

Reply | with quote
scubi63
Posted by scubi63
12th February 2010ce
20:13

In reply to:

The Red Lion (Mustard)

Messages in this topic: