The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Wales Forum Start a topic | Search
Wales
Re: Welsh King making Stone
40 messages
Select a forum:
Castle of Glass in the original language would have been a word that could mean glass, blue-green, or clear? I think. Ice or water I always thought, theweetchat. Connects to another thread about underwater acheaology I was interested in.

Early Scottish history, with all the different kingdoms is the same GLADMAN. Add to that the coming of Gaels and their habit of rewriting history to affect their genealogical right to kingship and lands... pretty confusing.

moss, isn't the legend connecting Ambrosius/Merlin/Emrys to Stonehenge the one that he caused stones from a kings grave in Ireland to get up and move to Stonehenge themselves, or be moved there by Giants? I might be on Margaret Stewart's book again though. (This is the problem with a philosophy that lets you read as often as you want but write nothing down to save it. You have to remember where you saw it and find it again if you need it and can't remember exactly). I should have added the mention of Arthur in the Goddodin doesn't place him anywhere, just describes a warrior as being "No Arthur". Some scholars think its a Prince Arthur of Strathclyde with legends about Coel Hen mixed in.

Reply | with quote
Posted by Branwen
17th January 2010ce
18:10

Messages in this topic: