The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Uffington White Horse Forum Start a topic | Search
Uffington White Horse
Re: My Kingdom for a Horse
22 messages
Select a forum:
Pilgrim wrote:
moss wrote:
Not terribly megalithic, but this article about Mark Wallinger's "Angel of the South"; the large freestanding white horse that is proposed for the Thames area is interesting...

http://arts.guardian.co.uk/art[...]alart/story/0,,2279274,00.html

Hi Moss,

Hmmm....went past this bit of our Beautific Island t'other day on the Eurostar to Paris..... as far as I can see, it's basically a rubbish dump come post-industrial wasteland just waiting for an IKEA-sponsored London feeder town. Sticking a girt horse in it is hardly going to make an iota of difference.

Why do we need something that purports to be 'a homage to the beauty and proportions of the horse'? I thought we were a nation of dog lovers, anyway.... and you know what happens to horses, don't you?

If they want ridiculously over-sized animals in the South East, There's already a bloody great White Elephant on the banks of the Thames at Greenwich....

Peace

Pilgrim

X

Hi Pilgrim,
Now you're in the bigtime commuting between Paris and London ;), not actually sure what you are inferring what they 'do to horses', the Uffington one is a bit ambiguous anyway but considering it belongs to Epona we'll take it that its a mare....
Actually don't like the proposed horse anyway; why not a model Stonehenge? take the pressure off there, or even more ambitious Avebury? catch the tourists as they come through.. As for London - voting in Johnson says it all - its alien up there...
Moss x

Reply | with quote
moss
Posted by moss
12th May 2008ce
16:18

In reply to:

Re: My Kingdom for a Horse (Pilgrim)

1 reply:

Re: My Kingdom for a Horse (Pilgrim)

Messages in this topic: