The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Callanish Forum Start a topic | Search
Callanish
Re: Accommodation near Callanish
29 messages
Select a forum:
Theres a B&B right by the stones . . . but I don't think it's on the net. Why not ring the visitor's center and see if they know?

Julie & I drove to Callanish last year without any idea of where to stay. We just made sure there were enough blakets and pillows in the the van. . .
But the woman at the till in the visitor's center at Callanish said "oh, just park on the car park, the toilets are open all night, it'll be fine". So we did, and had a wonderful time at the stones eating cheese and drinking wine & whiskey, then stopped in the van in the visitors car park at night. We watched the sun set on the stones, drunkenly lay on our back in the inner circle and have sat in Wolverhampton pubs ever since saying "was it real?".
I'm rambling. But the answer to your question, we slept in the van and it was no problem because we were invited and there were toilets.
It's so remote there. . you'll love it!

I know Moth has been, have you been before Jane?

Reply | with quote
suave harv
Posted by suave harv
19th December 2005ce
23:40

Messages in this topic: