The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Raven Tor Triple Cairn Forum Start a topic | Search
Raven Tor Triple Cairn
Current Situation
5 messages
Select a forum:
Yesterday was the third time I've visited this site over the last 20 years and as Stubob has said the heather has grown, so the cairn does not look as good as it once did. It is, however, a good example and is definitely worth a visit if you are a geek like me.
Don't be put off by the apparent difficulty of the approach, it's really not so bad or difficult.
If you enter the moor by the "Open Country" gate to the left of Wragg's Quarries you can follow an easy track/path roughly NW until the path ends and the escarpment steepens downhill. When the path disappears it starts to get more tricky, but if you don't go wrong it's only 5 minutes of walking through the heather to find the cairn. The line you want is roughly NE from here for 350 metres and the cairn is at SK2799 6682 according to the GPS in my phone.
Thanks to having GPS it is easier to find now than when I first went there, despite the heather being longer

Reply | with quote
Posted by rollo5014
28th November 2020ce
12:11

1 reply:

Re: Current Situation (GLADMAN)

Messages in this topic: