The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Stonehenge and its Environs Forum Start a topic | Search
Stonehenge and its Environs
Re: Stonehenge Tunnel Decision
37 messages
Select a forum:
Forgive me if this comes across as incredibly naive but it seems to me that we have finally (after 40/50 years or more of debate etc) arrived at the least worst option for resolving/addressing all of the myriad issues surrounding the need to improve traffic flow around Stonehenge without desecrating the site. No scheme was ever going to please everyone and unless I've missed something, I haven't seen one that is so much 'better' than this that we should go on debating it for another 40/50 years. As someone for whom driving on that section of the A303 is, has been and will continue to be an inescapable part of my life I think it's time finally to say 'ok, let's do it', to accept the result and move on. I know that view will be unacceptable to many who use this site but what's the real (as opposed to ideal) alternative?

Reply | with quote
ironstone
Posted by ironstone
15th November 2020ce
17:25

Messages in this topic: