The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Stonehenge and its Environs Forum Start a topic | Search
Stonehenge and its Environs
Re: Stonehenge Tunnel Decision
39 messages
Select a forum:
Clearly the planning people are all dicks and need to be sacked.

Just because through BRITISH AND ONLY BRITISH I HAVEN'T READ THE GEOLOGICAL SURVEY YET research there is actually a "super-henge" that trumps Stonehenge in its potential to sway archaeology into a new understanding of neolithic society's ability to revere their existence with something less permanent...

doesn't mean we should just plough another road through it !!!

Though obviously they do have that giant marble in Khazaksthan, so swings and roundabouts really.

Me and the missus caught Stonehenge in the middle of a Rainbow, but it happens every time so I'm told - and when we were there they were pretty much just trying to turn it into Wimbledon Court no.1

it's a prickle-edged sword really isn't it? Tourist attraction or High Speed service - it's not like either of the two options weren't a major vanity project in the first place !!!

Cx

Reply | with quote
Posted by giNgko_C
13th November 2020ce
12:47

In reply to:

Stonehenge Tunnel Decision (tjj)

1 reply:

Re: Stonehenge Tunnel Decision (nigelswift)

Messages in this topic: