The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Hello everybody
9 messages
Select a forum:
tjj wrote:
fachtna wrote:
tjj wrote:
fachtna wrote:
Just returning to this site after a long absence. It's good to see so many people still active.

Hi, I remember you well in the context of Silbury and have just been re-reading some of the discussion topics on Silbury. Gosh! Didn't we all get heated - none of it seems to matter much now though I can confirm Silbury is still there and looking as enigmatic as ever in its amazing landscape.

Hi tjj - as i said I was just returning to this forum out of curiosity to see what has been happening in the area. However with some sadness I feel that I have to reply to your assertion that nothing seems to matter much now in relation to the 'heated' events at Silbury Hill.

It matters very much to me that my career as a professional archaeologist was effectively terminated by a conspiracy instigated by some of my then colleagues at English Heritage that resulted in my being ordered to leave Silbury at an hours notice and being replaced by Jim Leary.

I am very happy indeed that Silbury is still there and looking amazing and I am proud of the significant part that I played to ensure that the correct course of action was eventually decided upon to maintain its physical integrity and discover much more about its character and nature.

No offence to you was intended at all Fachtna - only that I recall the discussions about Silbury and yes, your own situation aside, those discussions did become heated more often than not. I also recall your sense of great injustice about how things worked out for you. It was thirteen years ago, that is quite a long time. A lot of water has flowed under the bridge.

I hope you feel pride in the knowledge that you made a big contribution to the preservation of Silbury and that it still stands firm, ever mysterious for future generations to wonder at.

It would be interesting to hear what you have been doing during the last thirteen years.

Kindest regards

Reply | with quote
Posted by fachtna
26th July 2020ce
21:32

In reply to:

Re: Hello everybody (tjj)

1 reply:

Re: Hello everybody (fachtna)

Messages in this topic: