The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Uffington White Horse Forum Start a topic | Search
Uffington White Horse
Re: The Uffington White Horse
30 messages
Select a forum:
Kwoo wrote:

The more I learn about my ancestors, and engage with the Island landscape from whence my people came (and where we lived as Pagans and pirates), the more I realise I really am a wild woman of the windy west; My ill-advised mission to bring my friends there during far-from-ideal sailing conditions further underscored this. I wanted them to experience the mind-expanding environment... But I think I merely traumatized them.

Hey Kwoo! I hear you! I've had some stressful experiences shlepping friends to far flung places, assuming they'd be as keyed up as I was. Kind of like when you get to chose a movie to show to a group of friends and then you start freaking out thinking nobody digs it...Maybe that's just me!

I dig your passion for your roots - man, I know it. As a diasporan person I altered the course of my life in search of my own heritage. Youthful passions have somewhat cooled, and I sometimes feel myself a prisoner of the choices I've made. Would love to break out and discover cultures that have nothing to do with my own. Anyway, yours sounds amazing..."pagans and pirates", "windy west", "island landscape"...wow. We talking the Caribbean here?

Peace!

Reply | with quote
Posted by Zariadris
11th January 2020ce
21:20

Messages in this topic: