The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Uffington White Horse Forum Start a topic | Search
Uffington White Horse
The Uffington White Horse
30 messages
Select a forum:
Hi

I posted this query a little while ago on the Unsung forum by mistake. I'm still thinking about a strange experience I had there on the 7th December.

I walked from Dragon Hill onto the little road which runs underneath the horse. Right at the base of the horse's tail or thereabouts, I experienced a weird energy. My legs went heavy and it felt as if I was wading through treacle for about a 100 yards although the road was relatively flat and then everything felt normal again. There was also a strange smell, which I can't describe, but wasn't unpleasant. It was totally unexpected and unlike nothing I've experienced before. I've found all kinds of places atmospheric before, but nothing so physical. If you have two magnets and try to push together their opposite sides.... it felt a little bit like that. WTF was it?

Now, I am not a follower of any religion of any description, I worship nothing or no-one. I'm not really into crystals or magick or astrology or tarot (except in my younger years) or whatever but respect those who do. I love the standing stones, I love learning about my ancestors, I love food, books and music. I'm not lonely, I work hard and I'm kind.

But what was it? First off, I thought 'Julian Cope might know' and then I found this place so thought I'd ask. Nothing to lose. I'm also very interested in learning about the history of the Uffington White Horse.

Best wishes
Holly x

Reply | with quote
Posted by Ilex Aquifolium
2nd January 2020ce
14:49

Messages in this topic: