The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Favourite site visited 2019
12 messages
Select a forum:
Ryaner, I really enjoyed reading your adventures - brings back memories of wet feet, misread maps and bogs from past trips (Sunkenkirk comes to mind).
Was in Antrim, staying at Bushmills last May and tried to find various tomb sites indicated on the map - one of them, Magheraboy passage tomb took three attempts and a Lot of Effort to find. Fortunately the sun was shining the day we actually found it.
https://www.themodernantiquarian.com/site/8392/magheraboy.html

Happy to see you mention Aughnacliffe - I haven't been there yet and understand it is in the midlands of Ireland. So far I've just hung out around the west coast and Antrim. My mother (no longer alive) was born and raised on a farm at Dernavogy, Aughnacliffe. She often spoke of the Old Stones in the field and your post has reminded me I must one day make a trip there.

Reply | with quote
tjj
Posted by tjj
5th January 2020ce
14:38

Messages in this topic: