The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Trethevy Quoit Dig 8th - 13th July 2019
7 messages
Select a forum:
Two years after purchasing the field that Trethevy Quoit resides in, the Cornish Heritage Trust arranged to have a Geophysical Survey carried out by Malcolm Wright in late March this year. He was assisted by members of the TimeSeekers Volunteer Clearance Group and CHT members and others.
The survey covered the entire field and the area immediately surrounding the Quoit . Both Resistance and Magnetometry surveys were carried out and the results examined and interpreted by CAU Senior archaeologists. Suggested areas for test pits have been selected and other interesting areas to be excavated.
The outcome of this is that the CHT have organised a dig which will be carried out by many of their members, some members of the TimeSeekers Group, qualified archaeologists to see that it runs smoothly and correctly and I believe possibly some local residents. The dig commences on Monday 8th July and culminates with a Community Day on Saturday 13th July 2019.
Being just 15 minutes away from where I live and having a personal interest in the Quoit, I am looking forward to taking part with some of my team members, the Cornish Heritage Trust and local archaeologists immensely.

Do come along on the 13th if possible...

Regards
Roy

Reply | with quote
Posted by Sanctuary
27th June 2019ce
21:45

Messages in this topic: